domingo, dezembro 04, 2005

I have just sent this message to Sainsbury customer care:


I read on today's Independent that you have decided not to sell DVDs of Jerry Springer the Opera following pressure from Christian Voice.

I regret to say that following your decision, I commit to not shop anymore in Sainsbury, of whom me and my partner have been customer for the 5 years we have been living in UK.

I have the major age, and I can decide myself which DVDs I would like to buy, without the approval of religious fanatics. Civilised people reason this way: if you do not like something, then you do not have to buy it.

Your decision is deeply regrettable, and against universal values such as freedom of expression and speech; it is aso deeply unrespectful of those people who translate their religious feelings in respect and love for others human beings and nature.

I rarely felt so full of indignation. I will also let other people know about this, and ask them, if they believe in freedom of speech, to boycot Sainsbury.

4 Comments:

At 12/04/2005 11:37 da tarde, Blogger Eva Shanti said...

Simply fantastic!

I think we are living a new Inquision! Bin Laden, Ratzinger... This world is going crazy!

 
At 12/05/2005 12:03 da tarde, Blogger Milan said...

Approved :)

 
At 12/07/2005 4:51 da tarde, Blogger Nolwe said...

Estas "modernices" ainda vão chegar a Portugal, mais cedo ou mais tarde, se pensarmos que adoptamos tudo o que de mau vem dos nossos "colegas europeus"... É triste e eu agiria da mesma forma!

 
At 12/12/2005 1:17 da tarde, Anonymous Anónimo said...

Esse amor à liberdade não se estende à liberdade de cada um vender o que quer?

 

Enviar um comentário

<< Home